History-Description


Podtatranské múzeum - Museum in Poprad was founded by the Hungarian Carpathian Society in 1876. Due to the disagreements concerning to the localisation of the museum in 1882, was open the Tatran museum in Veľká and in 1886 the Carpathian museum in Poprad. In 1945 both of them were joined into one, named the Tatran museum of the district of Poprad, since 1961 the Podtatranské Museum. In 1978 the museum was given the building in Spišská Sobota and today it serves to the exposition purpose.

Strojový preklad